Microsoft just announced a bunch of new codenames. It is really hard for me to go into every single one of them so I will provide the highlights as I see them:
- Azure will support virtual machines. You will be able to deploy and run a virtual machine that you have customized. I guess more on that is still to come.
- Windows Server AppFabric is the new name of “Velocity” and “Dublin”. You can download Beta 1 from here.
- Bizspark partners will receive 750 free compute hours per month for eight months for Windows Azure.
- ASP.NET MVC 2 Beta is just released. Unfortunately it does not support Visual Studio 2010 so far, but it will do as ASP.NET MVC 2 is packaged in the final version of Visual Studio 2010.
- New data service called “Dallas” that enable companies to provide and access data, imagery and real-time web services using unified framework and the highly available Azure Platform.
Read more about the keynote at PDC09 Virtual Pressroom.