I found this little gem in a presentation of Sam Guckenheimer. He explains how each problem can be solved with VSTS. Also from this presentation:
“Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.”
Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
13 Symptoms of Unhappiness
- It’s the code, stupid!
- Actually it’s the requirements!
- No, the problem is that you neglected the architecture!
- Architecture, schmarchitecture. I just want a working build.
- What good is that the way we mix up versions?!
- Not code versions, but the environments, don’t you get it?
- Ever heard of security?!
- Yeah, but you ignored performance, duh!
- So what if it worked in the lab — it’s still unmanageable!
- Oh, and did we mention testing?
- Since you’re not measuring it, you can’t manage it anyway!
- With a process like that, what do you expect?
- It’s our culture – you’ll never change that.